Frequently Asked Questions
Bot Archive is the fastest and easiest way to save your picture and video messages for the future. No extra steps necessary: you connect your messaging account to Bot Archive, connect a cloud storage account, and all the messages you send to us get automatically backed up to your cloud storage account.
- You sign up for Bot Archive: typically by starting a conversation with the Bot Archive messaging bot on your messaging platform of choice or by installing Bot Archive from your platform's app directory or our website.
- We prompt you to connect a cloud storage account.
- Once you securely link your cloud storage account to your Bot Archive account, we receive credentials to save data to your cloud storage account (subject to capacity constraints: we can only save files if there is sufficient space).
- Any media files sent directly to the Bot Archive bot are saved to a Personal archive folder.
- If you add the Bot Archive bot to a group chat (where supported) we will automatically save all media sent by any member of the group chat to a specific folder that is named based on the name of the group chat.
Business Communications Platforms $2.50 per month per user for unlimited archiving to one cloud storage account per user.
Personal Communications Platforms $6.00 for one year for unlimited archiving of one messaging account to one cloud storage account per user.
Yes. Your account lets us connect securely to your cloud storage accounts and receive media from your messaging account.
Business Communications Platforms Yes. Once a month you will be billed for the number of seats you have active.
Personal Communications Platforms No. You pay once a year. As your anniversary date nears we will send you an invoice to renew your account: if you don't renew, there will be no extra charges and your account will stop archiving content.
We can handle that: no problem. You WILL need to make sure you have the capacity in your cloud storage account for all the media we're archiving for you, as we don't make backups: if we receive a picture and there is insufficient capacity in your selected cloud storage account to archive it we will discard it.
Business Communications Platforms
Currently we support Slack
: more platforms are coming soon.
Personal Communications Platforms
Currently we support Telegram
: more platforms are coming soon.
We only support writing files to your cloud storage account: We NEVER delete any files. Where available (currently only Dropbox supports this feature) we use application-specific folders, but in all cases we will only ever write files within a specific Bot Archive folder in your cloud account.
Yes we do! This was actually one of the original reasons we built Bot Archive: to make it really easy to backup pictures and videos sent to a group chat.
We use Stripe
for all our credit card payments. We will soon also accept Paypal
payments for annual account payments.
For media sent directly to our bot we send you a notification (silent, where supported) once the media is saved: you can choose to mute the acknowledgement messages. For media received in a group chat no notification is sent. We do not retain any information on the files we save for you beyond simple counts of the numbers of files saved and the types of files saved.
Yes they are! Media is sent to us securely by the messaging platform and is immediately deleted once it is no longer needed (either it has been uploaded or it will not be uploaded). Where possible we don't download the media files at all (if we can determine that we would discard the files).
Only until the file is either uploaded or it is determined we will not be uploading it (your cloud storage account has no available space to save the file). If your subscription has expired or you don't have a cloud storage account linked we don't even retrieve the media files.